Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. This means that once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate.
Register for the race online. We will not be able to process your entry without you filling out the race registration form. Our registration is a two-step process:
- Buy a ticket from TicketSasa: HERE.
- Finish when you pick up your kit
You will not be registered until you've made payment. Please remember to bring your TicketSasa receipt when you pick up your kit.
Kit pick up
The pick up will happen at the following locations:
- Kampala: Station Xpress Shop at Forest Mall (above Standard Chartered Bank)
- Kasese: On the marathon arena starting Thursday Aug 31
We will also be doing kit distribution at the following events:
- Thursday Aug 24: Thursday Boys Run, Central Perk, Bukoto, from 5-9 pm
- Saturday Aug 26: Gutsy Bunch Run, Oryx Naalya, from 7-11 am
- Sunday Aug 27: Rotary Cancer Run, Kololo Airstrip
Please bring your TicketSasa receipt when you go to pick up your kit.
- Participants of the full and half marathon (42km & 21km) must be over 18 years of age.
- Participants in the Family Fun Run (5k) under the age of 18 years must be accompanied at all times by a responsible adult.
- Participants must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of the race for which they are entered.
- Pet animals, whether on a leash or not, are not allowed on the course.
- Participants are obliged to follow the instructions of stewards, run officials or Uganda traffic police at all times.
- The organisers reserve the right of admission and to use the participant's pictures, recordings or any other records obtained for any legitimate purposes, including commercial advertising by sponsors of the event.
Read our full liability form here.
Assembly areas & start lines
If you are not sure where to go, please ask an official or marshal for assistance.
Assembly for Runners
Runners should assemble in the designated assembly area that will be labelled by the run official. Please follow the instructions of the officials, security guards and police.
- Be considerate to other runners
- Do not push and shove
- 42 km: 6:40am
- 21 km: 7am
- 5 km: 7:30am
42 km will start on the Kasese-Mbarara highway.
21 km and 5 km will have their starting point on Stanley Street (outside Sandton Hotel).
Services on route
First aid station is located at the venue and on route.
Ambulances are strategically positioned on the route and mobilised in the event of an emergency.
Water stations are located at the start and finish, at 5 km intervals on all routes. Water will be supplied in 300ml bottles. Take water whenever you get the chance!
Please discard your water bottle in the bin bags placed 25m – 200m after each water station.
A word on environment
Keeping our environment clean is a very important part of our lives and more so as part of this larger cause of the Tusker Lite Rwenzori Marathon. Please deposit trash in the rightful place, do not litter and avoid blocking drainage. The organisers desire a clean environment and aim to reduce the impact that the run might have on the environment. We would like to leave both the route and venue “better than we found it”, and follow the principles of Leave No Trace.
- Rest and recover in the massage center located at the venue
- Cheer on the runners still finishing
- Stay watch and enjoy the after party
Health & first aid
Rocket Health is the official healthcare partner of the Tusker Lite Rwenzori Marathon, providing first aid to all the runners and participants.
They will provide the following;
- First Aid Assistance: Available for any strains, sprains, breathing issues, or complications during the run.
- Warm-up & Cool-down: Sessions available both pre and post-marathon.
- Post-Marathon: Enjoy light massages to relax those muscles!
- Water Points: 3 trained respondents available at each station for any immediate needs.
- 2 ambulances on standby.
- Coordination with local health centers for swift emergency response.
- Free glucose available.
- Essential medical supplies provided free and some for purchase.
- 30 skilled first-aiders.
- 4 experienced doctors.
Collaboration: We're alsopartnering with the Uganda Red Cross, providing added first-aid services and 2 specialized doctors post-run.
Questions or concerns? Please contact us for clarity. Safe running!
All official car parks are manned by security guards (5am to 4pm). Please be considerate when parking and do not carry valuables. Do not obstruct the normal flow of traffic. Participants are permitted to park at a designated area/place close to the venue, but please note that these areas might not be officially guarded. Parking in all areas is at your own risk.
Julius Nkuraija | Equator Hikes | | +256 752 69 38 49/776 693949